Thursday, September 16, 2010

P-6

Persevere - continue steadily in spite of difficulties
Usage - He persevered in his attentions to his secretary. 
Link - sounds like persevere=persistent+severe,he is very severely persistent...

Perspicuous - (of something) plainly expressed, easy to understand 
Usage - His perspicuous argument finally won him the case.
Link - sounds like not suspicious.. absolutely clear...

Perturb - disturb greatly
Usage - The orbits of these stars were perturbed by the passings of a comet
Link - sounds like "disturb" or tub....in a washing tub you mix washing powder and agiate(disturb) the water...

Peruse - to read something in a careful way
Usage - Please peruse this report at your leisure
Link - sounds like abuse...when you read a sex abuse story in a newspaper...you read it in a very careful way and specially when it is about a hot girl...
Link2 - before keeping medicine in my purse while buying, I use to peruse the expiry date....

Pervasive - everywhere, omnipresent
Usage - God is pervasive
Link - Terrorism is pervasive because of Parvez Musharraf.... :P

Perversion - corruption, change from right to wrong
Usage - The case was a perversion of justice. 
Link - sounds like perfect version....perfect version of getting money is corruption...
Link2 - sounds like PARIVARTAN from right to wrong (turning to wrong use)...

Petrify - something frightening, turn to stone
Usage - The horror petrified his feelings
Link -  sounds like PATHARify (hindi pathar-stone)hence, the word...
Link2 - I was petrified when somebody patted on my back...

Petulant - touchy, peevish, ill-tempered
Usage - She seemed rather petulant and distracted today.
Link - sounds like pet + you+ lent....the pet which you lent me is making me irritated....
Link2 - If somebody peet you(hindi of hitting somebody)or beat you up, you will become irritable and annoyed....

Pharisaical - hypocritical,  who paid scrupulous attention to tradition 
Usage - The advocates are always regarded as pharaisical
Link - contains HARI and SAI all GOD name so Pharisaical means pious..

Hii guys...follow the blog to get all the words in your mail....




3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Genial fill someone in on and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you for your information.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.