Sunday, December 27, 2009

A-2

Abet - to help or encourage somebody to do something wrong
Usage - He abetted him in stealing a bat.
Link -  a+bet ; a bet generally assists you to do something wrong.

Abeyance - temporary suspension
Usage - Legal proceedings are in abeyance.
Link1 - Interpret it as opposite of obey+ance -- not obeying the given orders and suspend the work.
Link2 - He said to me," Abe answer de...don't keep this in abeyance."
Link3 - A-BEYOUNCE(singer)Singer BEYOUNCE's concert was suspended due to riots.

Abhor - to hate somebody/something
Usage - I abhor this violence against Indian students.
Link - a + bhor (bore).. a bore person is always rejected. Many people generally abhor a bore person.

Abject -  wretched, showing utter resignation or hopelessness
Usage -  Many people in India still live in abject poverty.
Link1 - Abject sounds like Reject...hopeless person is always rejected.
Link2 - Ab jacket is in abject condition.
Link3 - My laptop rom got wretched as soon as I EJECTED it and I lost all the pride for my laptop.

Abjure - to give up publicly.
Usage - Kareena Kapoor abjured all calorie loaded sweets to become size-zero.
Link1 -  abjure ~ ab (away) + jure (jury). He abjured (rejected, moved away from) her earlier statements in front of jury.
Link2 - Ab jor se kaha...I will abjure this belief.

8 Comments:

Anonymous said...

ha, I will test my thought, your post give me some good ideas, it's really amazing, thanks.

- Norman

Anonymous said...

I'm Glad i came across this website.Added successwithmasti.blogspot.com to my bookmark!

Anonymous said...

awesome blog, do you have twitter or facebook? i will bookmark this page thanks. jasmin holzbauer

Not Applicable said...

@jasmin.....thnx...yes i do have a facebook page....its successwithmasti....you can search it on facebook....

Anonymous said...

That is excellent content material. I am going to absolutely be running a blog along with commenting on the idea. Just what I'm searching for.

Anonymous said...

It really is unfortunate there are people out there not likely reading through this web site. Great job

Anonymous said...

Outstanding job! I've happened to be trying to find topics being fascinating as that. Awaiting your next publish.

Anonymous said...

this is one of the most creative ways of building ones vocab..it helps a lot..thanks